Writing Lessons Online

Online Writing Lessons: All of the Help, None of the Driving.

If the idea of scheduling tutoring sessions in between soccer practice and play rehearsals has you looking at your calendar and shaking your head, consider online lessons.



How do online lessons work?

I conduct online lessons entirely through email (no uploading into fancy systems, no snail-mail packets). Students start with a diagnostic, very similar to what I do with students when I meet them face-to-face. Then, we plan a course from there. I send assignments, reminders and feedback straight to the student's inbox. Students send me questions, assignments, and revisions. We have no set meeting time, just some deadlines. Students are encouraged to be in communication with me throughout the week. Depending on the student, this can be more helpful than meeting once a week, since they can zip a question to me, instead of waiting until they see me next.

How can I tell if online lessons are a good fit for my student?

Consider online lessons if:
The student has a busy schedule.
The student likes to work on things by him/herself, and then discuss them.
The student wants to be independent.
The student thinks getting their own email would be cool (can be a real incentive for the upper elementary crowd).

Online lessons are priced on a weekly basis, since students are in contact with me based on their questions, rather than a set schedule. Send an email to: msmeganwriting@gmail.com to inquire.