Who is Megan and How Can She Help Me?

I'm a writing tutor. I've worked with students on everything from poetry to college entrance essays. I've helped them with trouble spots, and I've started from scratch, teaching whole new writing skills. I am a published writer, a produced playwright, and an all-around nice lady. I hold a B.A. in English and have tutored professionally for more than eight years.


I love getting kids confident and excited about writing.

 I specialize in the following areas:

Basic composition--figuring out thesis statements, structure, grammar, and all that good "how to write a paper" stuff that everyone loves so much.

Creative writing--helping students get all their good ideas down on paper, and then helping them finish their project.

Kids who hate to write and anxious writers--I admit it, I love kids who throw tantrums when told to write a paragraph. I get where they're coming from. I look for ways to help them get past their tension, and find something, anything, that they can enjoy about writing. While they may not turn into kids who write novels over summer vacation, most of the time, they can at least tolerate writing.

I can help with:
Big projects---the research paper, the scholarship essays, and college entrance essays.
Homework--the smaller concepts, that build the fundamentals of good writing.
Little projects--thank you notes, Mother's Day poems, any little writing task that needs to be done.

I offer assistance:

Online, through email.
In person, in Chicago and the surrounding suburbs.
To students Kindergarten-College.
In one-time sessions as needed, or on a regular schedule.

Contact: msmeganwriting@gmail.com References available upon request.

Please Note:
I am a tutor, not a so-called "academic writer" who can be hired to write your paper for you. Paper mills that sell completed essays to college and high school students are completely unethical and the enemy of good writing. You can hire me to help you understand your homework. You cannot hire me to do your homework.